Ideal for numerous industries. Our punch press stamps out metal pieces from sheet metal to form the parts to the desired form. We can quickly strategize and implement any prototype we’re tasked with.
- Medium to long runs (50,000 to 1.5 Million piece EAUs)
- Width to 42 in. (1,066.8mm)
- Thickness to .280 in. (7.112mm)
- 100 to 300 ton Komatsu presses
- 60 to 200 ton Minster presses
- 200 ton Amada press
- 330 ton Servo press
- 440-ton Clearing – Seyi press
- 600-ton Brown-Boggs Link Motion press
The laser forming process is a viable process for cutting, punching, and shaping metallic material. The laser beam is guided across the sheet size up to 60 by 120 inches. The path of the laser depends on the forming result.
- Precision laser cutting and punching
- Sheet size up to 60 in. x 120 in. (1,524 x 3,048 mm)
- Carbon steel to 0.750 in. (19.05 mm) thick
- Plastic composites to 0.500 in. (12.7 mm)
- Stainless steel to 0.380 in. (9.65mm)
- Aluminum to .500 in. (9.5mm)
- Trumpf 3530 Laser
- Trumpf Trumatic 600L Laser Press
- Trumpf L2503E LaserCat
Four slide equipment offers a wide range of materials including steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, and brass. Parts can be produced relatively quickly, and tooling is less expensive.
- Standard and proprietary designs
- Wide variety of materials including steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, and brass
- Extrusion cushions include EPDM and Silicone
- Feed length to 15 in. (381 mm)
- Width to 3.75 in. (95.25 mm)
- Thickness to 0.120 in. (3.05 mm)
- Tapping, chamfering, dovetail in primary operations
Fourslide: Nilson S2F, S3F
Multi-Slide: Baird 00, 28, 33, 35, 3-24
Vertical Forming: Nilson 1100
Our 110+ years of manufacturing experience has led to expertise in the art of designing and manufacturing tools that are precise, repeatable, and durable. By designing and building our own tools, we are better able to meet your product needs over the entire life of your program.
- Ensures quality (design matched in-house specifications)
- Schedule control, reducing lead times
- Changes can be done in-house and quickly by people who already know your product
At KMC, we use specialized equipment including manual MIG/TIG welding stations, programmable DC torque tools, and custom fixtures to ensure we produce the highest quality assemblies.
- Lean, cellular assembly methods for lower cost and flexible scheduling
- Laser etch 2DID bar coding
- Custom packaging and kitting, including returnable tote programs
- Value-add assembly with vision inspection, bar code verification, and programmable DC torque tools
- PEM mechanical fastener insertion
- Fanuc RoboDrill, drill & tap center
- Manual MIG / TIG welding stations
- Robotic welding
- Manual resistance welding up to 200kva
Along with our high quality in-house vinyl coating process, KMC partners with an extensive group of ISO/TS and IATF certified partners to support out customers’ requirements for electroplating, painting, eCoating, cleaning and more.
- Multiple high-capacity vinyl dip lines with automated line feed
- Manual shot blast / media blast tanks
- Stoelting aqueous wash lines
- Vibra finishing
As part of this commitment to quality, KMC continues to maintain the most cutting-edge equipment. Our team regularly inspects machinery through product inspections to guarantee all parts are made to exact customer specifications.
- All to ISO/TS requirements
- PPAP, ISIR as needed per engineering and quality requirements
- Hexagon Metrology CMM
- FOV Smart Scope
- Optical comparators